Use of Activated Carbon and Matters Needing Attention
Activated carbon supplier shares with you about the use and precautions of Activated Carbon, I hope it will be helpful to everyone
1. Clean and remove the dust before use, otherwise the black dust may temporarily affect the cleanliness of the water quality. However, it is not recommended to wash it directly with fresh tap water, because once the porous activated carbon absorbs a large amount of chlorine and bleach in the tap water, it will damage the water quality when it is placed in the filter for use. I believe I don't need to say more.
2. It is impossible to clean the clogged debris in the porous pores of activated carbon by simple cleaning in ordinary times. Therefore, the activated carbon must be replaced regularly to prevent the activated carbon from losing its effectiveness due to "saturation of adsorption". And the timing of the replacement is best not to wait for it to fail before replacing it, so as to ensure that the activated carbon can continuously remove the harmful substances in the water quality of the aquarium. It is recommended to replace the activated carbon 1-2 times a month
3. The efficiency of activated carbon to treat water quality is related to its treatment dosage, usually "the effect of treating water quality with more dosage is relatively good."
4. After the quantitative activated carbon is used, you should always observe the changes in water quality in the initial stage of use, and pay attention to the observation results, as the basis for judging the time for the replacement of activated carbon after failure.
5. When using medicines to treat fish diseases, the activated carbon should be temporarily taken out and the use should be suspended. In order to prevent the drug from being adsorbed by activated carbon and reducing the therapeutic effect.
6. Activated carbon should be used for long-term adsorption of toxic gas, and it is often released outdoors. If it is adsorbed for a long time, the adsorbed toxic gas will be released by itself. Activated carbon itself does not decompose toxic gases, and acts like opening a window. The most important thing in a toxic room is to open more windows.
1. Transportation, loading and unloading: Activated carbon should not be dragged with iron hooks during transportation. It should be prevented from being mixed with hard substances. It should not be strongly vibrated, rubbed, stepped or smashed. Throwing is strictly prohibited. It should be handled with care and unloaded to reduce carbon particle breakage. ,Affect.
2. Storage: It should be stored in a cool and dry place to prevent the inner and outer packaging bags from rupturing, to prevent moisture and adsorption of other substances in the air, which will affect the use effect. It is strictly forbidden to mix it with toxic and harmful gases or volatile substances, and keep it away from pollution sources.
3. Water immersion is strictly prohibited: Organic Activated Carbon is a porous adsorption material, so it must be absolutely prevented from water immersion during transportation, storage and use. After water immersion, water fills the active pores and reduces the specific surface and gas of activated carbon. The direct contact with the product seriously affects the use effect.
4. Prevent tar-like substances: during use, tar-like viscous substances should be prohibited from entering the activated carbon bed, so as not to block the pores of the activated carbon or cover the surface of the activated carbon, so that the gas cannot contact with the surface of the activated carbon, and the application effect will be lost, such as in gas. Containing such substances, it should be removed before the gas enters the activated carbon bed to achieve a good application effect.
5. Fire prevention: When storing or transporting activated carbon, prevent direct contact with the fire source to prevent fire. When activated carbon is regenerated, avoid oxygen intake and regenerate thoroughly. After regeneration, it must be cooled with steam to below 800°C, otherwise the temperature will be high and the activated carbon will ignite spontaneously when exposed to oxygen.
6. Use: When filling, you should first sift out the broken particles and dust caused by handling. Then spread out the layers evenly, and do not pour directly from the feed hole, so as to avoid uneven filling of large and small particles, which will eventually cause gas flow and affect the use effect. After the filling is completed, the air should be blown before driving to blow out the dust on the surface of the activated carbon to avoid the dust from being carried into the back section after driving and affecting normal production.
7. Safety requirements: Wet activated carbon needs to remove oxygen from the air. Oxygen consumption in a safe airtight container will create a toxic environment. If workers enter a container containing activated carbon for proper sampling or work in a low-oxygen space, they should Comply with relevant national standards and operating regulations.
Period of use
The key factors affecting the service life of activated carbon: the total amount of harmful substances in the use environment and the frequency of desorption. Because the quality of activated carbon adsorbing harmful gases can approach or even reach its own quality, the quality of harmful gases in the air of ordinary household spaces is far less than the amount of activated carbon used. Therefore, as long as the activated carbon is often exposed to the sun, the activated carbon can be used for a long time.
The company also provides powdered activated carbon and Coconut Shell Charcoal, please feel free to contact us if necessary